Athletics Canada aims to recognise and support races which build community, promote and celebrate running, are safe, well-organised and technically sound, and offer a great participant experience.
The supporter program provides the following benefits to races (Cost $250/year):
- Calendar: exclusive to about 20 national scale events
- Newsletter: features on top events in monthly newsletter
- Summit: discounted entry fee ($200)
- Resources: access to race director resources (sample plans and templates)
- Research: access to and participation in annual national survey of road runners
- Badges: ability to apply for national standards badges
- National championships: competitive badge awards eligibility to apply for national championships
Athletics Canada National Road Race Standards Badges
The Approved Event badge recognizes races that are safe, well-organized, and provide a positive participant experience. Events must provide evidence of an Emergency Plan, Medical Plan, Course Plan, and Administrative support.
The Competitive Race badge recognizes further that a race is technically sound and provides meaningful competition. A Competitive Race must be part of an Approved Event and provide an accurate course and legitimate results.
The Elite Race badge recognizes Competitive events with championship potential, and provide opportunities for elite performance. An Elite Race must also be a Competitive Race and must have a record eligible course and elite athlete support.
The Fun Race badge (available in 2017) recognizes races that build community, and promote and celebrate running. The badge will be awarded to events based on post-event analysis and participant surveys.
Scotiabank Toronto/Canada Running Series
Ottawa Race weekend
Legs for Literacy
Vancouver Sun Run
Ottawa Army Run
Times Colonist 10k