Athletics Canada announced today that High Performance Director Simon Nathan will embark on a Canada wide tour, which will commence on Saturday, Sept. 30, in Toronto and conclude in Moncton, NB., on Saturday, Nov. 4.
The tour will allow Nathan to introduce himself to provincial branch representatives, administrators, coaches and athletes to share his high performance philosophy with those in attendance. Meeting attendees are encouraged to ask questions and to share their opinions on Athletics Canada’s high performance programs to help shape the organization’s High Performance Plan. The plan will outline Athletics Canada’s goals, objectives and programming strategy now through the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Should you be interested in attending one of the meetings listed below, please click here and complete the online registration form. Nathan will also be available for one-on-ones at the conclusion of each meeting, however, attendees are asked to submit a request for his time in advance via the online registration form.
Meeting schedule (all times local)*:
- Saturday, Sept. 30, at 2 p.m. – Toronto (Beanfield Centre in conjunction with Athletics Ontario’s annual awards night)
- Friday, Oct. 6, at 7 p.m. – Saskatoon (Saskatoon Field House)
- Tuesday, Oct. 10, at 6:30 p.m. – Montreal (Olympic Stadium)
- Thursday, Oct. 12, at 6 p.m. – Victoria (PISE - Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence)
- Friday, Oct. 13, at 6:30 p.m. – Vancouver (Fortius Sport and Health)
- Saturday, Oct. 14, at 1 p.m. – Red Deer (Holiday Inn Red Deer in conjunction with Athletics Alberta’s calendar congress)
- Monday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. – Winnipeg (University of Manitoba)
- Saturday, Nov. 4, at 2 p.m. – Moncton (University of Moncton in conjunction with XC Atlantic Championships)
For more information on Nathan’s high performance cross-Canada tour, please contact Jessica Scarlato at Jessica.Scarlato@athletics.ca.