Athletics Canada is currently accepting applications for the following positions, see below for more information on each opportunity:
- Coach Education and Officials Coordinator
- National Teams Unit Intern
Coach Education and Officials Coordinator
Title: Coach Education and Officials Coordinator
Location: To be determined
Reports to: Coach Education Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Indeterminate
- Sit on the national officials committee and assist as directed
- Create, disseminate and manage coach targeted newsletter
- Assist and coordinate professional development opportunities as directed by the Coach Education Manager, includes webinars, conferences, courses, etc
- Administration of Athletics Canada coach evaluation site
- Administration of the Locker
- Other duties as assigned by Coach Education Manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
Coaching and / or officiating experience
2-4 years experience in similar role
Knowledge and experience with the Canadian system
Coaching and / or officiating certification
Bilingualism will be considered a strong asset
Salary range for this position is $35,000 – $40,000.
Please send applications in confidence by April 27, 2018 to Sylvie King (Sylvie.King@athletics.ca). Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
National Teams Unit Intern
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: National Teams Unit Intern
Athletics Canada is the national sport organization for track and field, cross country running and road racing. We support high performance athletes competing at an international level and provide leadership in athletics development.
The purpose of this internship is to give the successful candidate a practical learning opportunity where they can gain experience of sport management, specifically in the areas of national team programs. The objective is to assist with day-to-day coordination and delivery of 2018 National Team Programs.
- Website maintenance
- Provide event support to the National Team Unit for the 2018 Athletics season
- Information gathering from athletes and coaches
- Athlete performance tracking
- Assist with the team logistics including shipping and receiving, inventory management, travel coordination, event registration etc.
- Various other duties as required
- Must be working toward a degree/diploma/certificate program in business or sport management and have a general interest in the sports industry
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong computer, database and website maintenance skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexible approach, positive attitude, initiative, and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- The term of this internship would be from the beginning of June until the end of August 2018
- Standard office hours are 35 hours/week (some weekend and evening work may be required)
- Available for the National Championships being held in Ottawa July 3rd – 8th 2018
- Complimentary parking is provided
- The ideal start date would be June 1st, 2018
- An honorarium will be available to the successful candidate
- Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20th, 2018 citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected will be contacted for an interview.