Athletics Canada is currently accepting applications for the following positions, see below for more information on each opportunity:
- Western Canada Para-Athletic Development Scout – Applications close Jan. 31, 2017
- Administrative and Financial Assistant – Applications close Feb. 3, 2017
Western Canada Para-Athletic Development Scout
Job Title: Western Canada Para-Athletic Development Scout
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Department: Paralympic Program, Development
Reports to: Paralympic Talent ID and Development Lead
General: To assist with the development and execution of the Paralympic Development Program, and to identify and recruit potential athletes with classifiable disabilities for the Paralympic stream of Athletics Canada within Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan).
– Point of contact for grass roots and developmental potential Paralympic athletes
– Link to rehabilitation facilities, educational institutions etc.
– Link to clubs and coaches
– Organize camps and talent ID days as well as competitions for development and talent ID
– Implement development and recruitment plan under the leadership of the Paralympic Talent ID and Development lead
– Preparation of communication and educational awareness materials
– Organization and implementation of various events to build awareness as well as for recruitment of Paralympic potential athletes
– Manage and contribute information to social media platforms
Knowledge and Skills:
– Knowledge of the sports development process
– Knowledge of the Paralympic movement
– Coaching Education background
– Demonstrated skills in building relationships with athletes, sport organizations and people in general
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
– Ability to prioritize, coordinate and meet deadlines
– Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
– Passion for the development and talent ID of athletics
– Sound academic or vocational background
– University or equivalent degree preferred
– Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
– Working experience with athletes and athletic teams
Compensation will be determined by successful candidates’ skills and experience.
Please send applications in confidence by Jan. 31, 2017 to Sylvie King (Sylvie.King@athletics.ca). Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Administrative and Financial Assistant
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
DIVISION: Administration and Finance
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
EMPLOYMENT DETAIL: This position is considered to be 0.8 FT (4 days per week)
Assist the Director of Finance with credit card reconciliations, expense reports and accounts payable. Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer in the execution of the administration and management tasks; to act as a liaison with and to manage Secretariat function for the Board of Directors.
- Supports the CEO in the execution of routine administrative tasks, including responding to phone, e-mail and in-person enquiries, providing general information and referring enquiries to appropriate sources based on a broad knowledge of Athletics Canada’s priorities and personnel.
- Provides support to any committees that the CEO may chair by typing and distributing minutes, preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting dates/times and contacting participants. Attends meetings, as required, to record minutes.
- Coordinates revisions to the Association Rules and Bylaws.
- Provides support to the Chair and Members of the Board of Directors in respect of Association business, including travel and accommodation as requested.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the recording of accounts payable into the accounting system.
- Preparing expense reports for Chief Executive Officer and athletes.
- Reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Director of Finance
- Board of Directors
- AC Staff
- Provincial Athletics Associations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience: (Essential experience required as a minimum to perform the job effectively)
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years in an administrative role, with an ability to work independently.
- Strong work ethic, displaying professionalism and maintaining confidentiality
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years financial experience, preparing and processing expense claims and credit card reconciliations.
- Ability to multi-task and function well in a busy environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset.
Applications with salary expectations should be sent in confidence by Feb. 3, 2017, to Sylvie.King@athletics.ca. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Athletics Canada promotes Employment Equity. This position is supported by Sport Canada.
Athletics Canada (AC) is the National Sport Organization for Athletics in Canada. Its purpose is to support high performance athletics excellence at the world level and to provide leadership in developmental athletics. Athletics Canada is a not-for-profit, charitable organization operating under a Board of Directors elected by provincial/territorial members.