Athletics Canada is currently accepting applications for the following positions, see below for more information on each opportunity:
- Administrative and Financial Assistant – Applications close Feb. 3, 2017
Administrative and Financial Assistant
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
DIVISION: Administration and Finance
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
EMPLOYMENT DETAIL: This position is considered to be 0.8 FT (4 days per week)
Assist the Director of Finance with credit card reconciliations, expense reports and accounts payable. Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer in the execution of the administration and management tasks; to act as a liaison with and to manage Secretariat function for the Board of Directors.
- Supports the CEO in the execution of routine administrative tasks, including responding to phone, e-mail and in-person enquiries, providing general information and referring enquiries to appropriate sources based on a broad knowledge of Athletics Canada’s priorities and personnel.
- Provides support to any committees that the CEO may chair by typing and distributing minutes, preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting dates/times and contacting participants. Attends meetings, as required, to record minutes.
- Coordinates revisions to the Association Rules and Bylaws.
- Provides support to the Chair and Members of the Board of Directors in respect of Association business, including travel and accommodation as requested.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the recording of accounts payable into the accounting system.
- Preparing expense reports for Chief Executive Officer and athletes.
- Reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Director of Finance
- Board of Directors
- AC Staff
- Provincial Athletics Associations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience: (Essential experience required as a minimum to perform the job effectively)
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years in an administrative role, with an ability to work independently.
- Strong work ethic, displaying professionalism and maintaining confidentiality
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years financial experience, preparing and processing expense claims and credit card reconciliations.
- Ability to multi-task and function well in a busy environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset.
Applications with salary expectations should be sent in confidence by Feb. 3, 2017, to Sylvie.King@athletics.ca. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Athletics Canada promotes Employment Equity. This position is supported by Sport Canada.
Athletics Canada (AC) is the National Sport Organization for Athletics in Canada. Its purpose is to support high performance athletics excellence at the world level and to provide leadership in developmental athletics. Athletics Canada is a not-for-profit, charitable organization operating under a Board of Directors elected by provincial/territorial members.