Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Athletics Canada is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to ensure that the organization remains one of the leading National Sport Organizations (NSO) in Canada, focused on excellence in its programs, operations, and results on the field of play both nationally and internationally.
Para Performance Manager
LOCATION: Preferably at an Athletics Canada Hub or Headquarters.
DIVISION: High Performance
REPORTS TO: Para Performance Lead
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Indeterminate
EMPLOYMENT DETAIL: This position is supported/funded by provincial partners and/or Own The Podium.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist talented, but as yet unproven, Para athletes to achieve Athletics Canada’s (AC’s) long term aims of Paralympic and IPC World Championships medals and top eight finishes and to prepare these athletes to achieve season’s bests, personal bests and to beat their pre-event ranking at these major benchmark events.
- To act as an Athlete Performance Adviser (APA) to assigned athletes on the Canadian Athletics Performance Pathway (CAPP), mainly Para athletes on the CAPP Talent Confirmation program. The APA provides performance management to the athlete, coach and their support team.
- To work closely with AC’s Para Participation program to ensure a smooth pathway for talented athletes to progress from identification / entry into the sport onto the CAPP program.
- To lead AC’s WPA World U20 Championship campaign.
- To assist in the planning, delivery and leadership of other AC Para camps, competitions and conferences as required.
- To form working relationships with key stakeholders in the program including international, national and provincial peak sporting bodies.
- To provide expert advice on Para specific issues as required.
- To assist in the development of integrated (able-bodied and Para) programs that recognize the varying needs of the different events groups, different athletes and different coaches.
- To assist in the development of Para selection policies based on objective and subjective criteria.
- To act as a selector, or provide relevant Para information to selectors, as and when required.
- To assist in the construction, monitoring and reporting on assigned aspects of AC’s HP Para budget.
- To act as an exemplar of AC’s HP Culture and Behaviors.
- Athletics Canada’s Para Performance Lead
- HP Para athletes, coaches, managers and service providers.
- International, National and Provincial Para Peak Sporting Bodies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience: (Essential experience required as a minimum to perform the job effectively)
- Has a clear understanding of the new Canadian Athletics Performance Pathway (CAPP) and the Daily Training Environment (DTE) needed to prepare athletes for eventual High Performance results.
- Has a clear understanding of the Canadian sporting environment as it relates to HP Para athletics.
- Has a clear understanding of the international sporting environment as it relates to HP Para athletics.
- Proven success in managing HP sports programs.
- Proven success in managing representative teams including junior, senior and Para teams.
Education/Qualifications: (The educational, professional or vocational qualifications, necessary to perform the job effectively)
- University Degree is preferred.
- NCCP Performance Coach Trained (may be transferred from level 3 in the old system) preferred and willingness to progress and achieve Performance Coach Certified within an agreed timescale.
- To be an exemplar of AC’s HP Values and Behaviors.
- To treat athletes, coaches and officials with respect and integrity.
- To actively pursue continuous personal and professional development and to maintain a level of education compatible with actively addressing the HP program’s needs.
- To adhere to Athletics Canada Code of Conduct and employment regulations.
- To refrain from defamatory remarks against AC, AC members, and funding sponsors.
- To represent AC in a professional manner by wearing AC issued or sponsored clothing at training and at competitions.
- To attend relevant domestic and international camps, competitions and conferences.
- The number of AC Para athletes finishing in the top eight and top half of their field at the IPC/WPA World Championships and Paralympic Games.
- The number of assigned AC Para athletes improving of their pre-event rankings and personal bests at the IPC/WPA World Championships and Paralympic Games.
- The number of assigned Para athletes achieving the consideration criteria for the next level of the CAPP program each year (these criteria are still to be developed).
- The number of AC Para athletes winning medals, finishing top eight place and in the top half of their field, improving of their pre-event rankings and personal bests at other international Para Championships and Games.
Applications with salary expectations should be sent in confidence by Oct. 26, 2018, to Sylvie.King@athletics.ca. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Athletics Canada promotes Employment Equity. This position is supported by Sport Canada.
Athletics Canada (AC) is the National Sport Organization for Athletics in Canada. Its purpose is to support high performance athletics excellence at the world level and to provide leadership in developmental athletics. Athletics Canada is a not-for-profit, charitable organization operating under a Board of Directors elected by provincial/territorial members.