Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Triple Olympic medallist Andre De Grasse to open training session to the media
Derek Drouin, Damian Warner and more preview 2017 Canadian Track & Field Championships
OTTAWA – Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic stars have arrived in Ottawa to compete in the 2017 Canadian Track & Field Championships and to earn their spot on the 2017 IAAF World Championships team. The event, which is currently underway at Terry Fox Athletic Facility, runs through Sunday, July 9.
Championships press conference featuring five Rio Olympians/Paralympians
What: Five Rio Olympians/Paralympians, including Olympic gold medallist Derek Drouin and Olympic bronze medallist Damian Warner, will help preview the 2017 Canadian Track & Field Championships.
The formal press conference, emceed by CTV Ottawa’s Terry Marcotte, will be followed by a photo opportunity featuring the athletes and special guests. The athletes, as well as Athletics Canada’s Lead Coach Glenroy Gilbert, will then be available for one-on-ones.
When: Wednesday, July 5, at 10:30 a.m.
Where: Delta Ottawa City Centre, International Ball Room (101 Lyon Street, Ottawa, Ont., K1R 5T9)
- Derek Drouin – Olympic gold medallist and World Champion, high jump
- Geneviève Lalonde – Olympian and Canadian record holder, 3,000 metre steeplechase
- Lanni Marchant – Olympian and Canadian record holder, marathon and half-marathon
- Marissa Papaconstantinou – Paralympian and Canadian record holder, T44 100 metres and 200 metres
- Damian Warner – Olympic bronze and World silver medallist, decathlon
- Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa
- Yasir Naqvi, MPP for Ottawa Centre, on behalf of Eleanor McMahon, Minister of Tourism Culture and Sport
- Rob Guy, Athletics Canada Chief Executive Officer
- Glenroy Gilbert, Athletics Canada Lead Coach
- A group of local children and youth who are currently enrolled in the Ottawa Lions Track & Field programs
Media availably with triple Olympic medallist Andre De Grasse
What: Rio standout Andre De Grasse, invites members of the media to join him trackside at The Dome at Louis-Riel to capture visuals as he prepares to defend his Canadian title in the men’s 100-metre and capture gold in the 200-metre. At the conclusion of De Grasse’s training session, he will be available to members of the media in scrum format.
When: Wednesday, July 5, at 2:15 p.m. Media availability will take place at 3 p.m.
Where: The Dôme at Louis-Riel, 1659 Bearbrook Road, Ottawa, Ont.
Who: Olympic triple medallist Andre De Grasse
Members of the media looking to cover the Championships July 6-9 at Terry Fox Athletic Facility are asked to fill-out the media accreditation request form located on the Championships webpage.
For more information, please contact:
Office: (613) 260-5580 ext. 3307
Cell: (613) 299-1517 (C)
Office: (613) 260-5580 x3340
Cell: (514) 549-8165