Athletics Canada has an excess medical insurance policy through AIG Canada Insurance for all national team athletes participating on a national team.
If you require medical treatment while out of the country, you will have to submit your receipts to your personal insurance and/or your provincial insurance first. If neither of those cover your costs, then you can put in a claim through AIG Canada Insurance. Your team manager will have exact details and claim forms on hand in case you need to follow this process.
Important Points to Remember When Completing Your Claim:
- Athletics Canada must receive notice of your accident within 30 days of the accident date, and receive claim documentation within 90 days.
- ALL claims must be submitted with itemized statements and paid receipts (originals are required if there is no other coverage available), which include:
– patient’s name
– type of purchase or service
– date of each purchase or service
– amount charged for each purchase or service
- A physician statement confirming diagnosis and recommended treatments is required if you are claiming other dental or ambulance expense.
- Only claims in excess of the deductible, specified in your plan details, will be considered for payment up to your maximum benefits.
Expenses eligible under any other health care plan(s) must be submitted to that plan(s). Your sports accident policy will pay only the amount of expenses that are not eligible with any other insurer.