WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Athletics Canada has insurance coverage for carded athletes and another other athletes in good standing that possess Provincial Medicare and who obtain treatment in Canada. Athletes are covered from December 1 to November 30 of their carding year.
WHAT COVERAGE IS AVAILABLE?
Inside Canada coverage is applicable for sport related injuries and overuse. Athletics Canada has coverage under the GOLD, SILVER, AND BRONZE PLAN.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
Complete the following 8 steps carefully:
- Print off the appropriate claim form:
- Athlete completes Injury Section of form.
- A registered professional completes the “Attending Physician” section (page 2). Your family doctor or any other Attending Physician can complete this section. Also, please note that Registered Physiotherapists and Certified Athletic Therapists can complete the Attending Physician section for treatment for Physiotherapy, Athletic Therapy and/or Massage Therapy only. Chiropractors and Registered Massage Therapists cannot complete this section. If you receive Chiropractic treatment, an Attending Physician must complete this section first. Massage Therapy can be signed by a Registered Physiotherapists or Certified Athletic Therapist.
- Proof of Loss – Accidental Medical (Sports Insurance) – CLAIM FORM
For accidental medical and overuse benefits
- Proof of Loss – Accidental Dental (Sports Insurance) – CLAIM FORM
For accidental dental onlyAthlete receives treatment IN CANADA ONLY
- Athlete pays for treatment and receives a receipt.
- Athlete fills out the following form, if it is your first claim.
- Send claim form, consent form and original receipt(s) to Athletics Canada (faxes and photocopies are not accepted).
Attention: Corey Dempsey
2445 St.Laurent Blvd.
- Athletics Canada will complete Club/Administrator Section of form and will forward the completed documents to the Insurance Company.