What is the minimum age to take a course?
- You can attend a coaching course at the age of 14 or older. Note that only coaches that are 16 years old or older can be evaluated and receive the Certified Status.
I took my coaching course with Athletics in the 90’s or before, can I still pursue my training?
- Yes, although the curriculum has improved over the years, all your courses are still listed in your Locker Transcript. You have the option to enroll in the current courses or go straight to evaluation.
How do I move from “Trained” to the “Certified” status?
- A coach moves from Trained to certified by completing the evaluations steps. In Athletics, the evaluation is composed of a portfolio and coaching observations. Depending on the context, different multi-sport evaluations are also required. Click here for more information.
What are Professional Development Points?
How many Professional Development points do I need (over a 5 year period)?
Run Jump Throw Wheel: 10 points
Sport Coach & Club Coach: 20 points
Performance Coach: 30 points
Level 4/5: 30 points
How to accumulate Professional Development Points?
- NEED TO CREATE TEXTE or find the link from the old site
Where can I view my coaching certifications?
- The coaching certification are tracked in the Coaching Association of Canada database, The Locker.
Who should I contact to learn more about the coaching program?
Athletics Canada Long Term Athlete Development: LTAD_EN
Coaching Association of Canada: coach.ca
The NCCP Model: model
The National Coaching Certification Program database: The Locker
Para-Athletics Video Series: Video
IPC Classification Webinar with Lorette Dupuis: Video
IAAF New Studies in Athletics: http://www.iaaf.org/nsa