Pan American Combined Events Cup
Ottawa is proud to host the fifth annual Pan American Combined Events Cup taking place July 3-4 at the Terry Fox Athletics Facility at Mooney’s Bay.
A fixture on the IAAF World Combined Events Challenge Series, the Pan American Combined Events Cup brings together the best heptathletes and decathletes in the Western Hemisphere where past winners have included 2012 World Junior Heptathlon Champion, Yorgelis Rodriguez of Cuba, and her compatriot, two-time Olympic decathlete Yordanis Garcia.
The 2018 Pan American Combined Events Cup will also include youth and junior categories and will serve as the Canadian U20 and Open Championships for both the heptathlon and decathlon. For more information on the 2018 Canadian Combined Events Championships/2018 Canadian Track & Field Championships, please visit www.athletics.ca/ottawa2018.
The technical manual for the Canadian Combined Events Championships, in addition to the Pan American Combined Events Cup and Open Festival Combined Events Invitational, is available in three languages – English, French and Spanish.
Please click on the appropriate link below to access the technical manual in the language of your choice.
Arrival in Ottawa
The Ottawa International Airport (YOW) is located 15 kilometres from downtown (approximately 20 minutes) and about 10 minutes from Terry Fox Athletic Facility. YOW is served by Air Canada, Porter, WestJet, Delta, United Airlines and more.
The Ottawa Train Station is located five kilometres from downtown (approximately 10 minutes) and about 15 minutes from Terry Fox Athletic Facility.
Special rates are available from National Car Rental and Enterprise. To make a reservation, click on one of the following links:
Transportation of sport equipment
Athletes/clubs are responsible for transporting their own equipment (i.e. poles, wheelchairs, etc.). Below is some basic information regarding the transportation of said equipment:
- Travel with your equipment on your air carrier and transport it to Terry Fox Athletic Facility on your own where it will be stored in a safe, secure and dry storage space.
- Ship your equipment directly to Ottawa using the following address:
Terry Fox Athletic Facility
Mooney’s Bay Park
2960 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1V 8N4
If you require a solution for the shipment of your equipment, please contact Joerg Hess at:
BMCI Ltd. Global Sports Logistics
P.O. Box 633 Mt. Forest, ON N0G 2L0
(T) 519.323.4028 (F) 519.323.2820 (C) 519.261.0546
WestJet is offering athletes, coaches, family and friends 10% off Econo and 15% off Plus base fares for travel between Ottawa and anywhere WestJet flies in North America. To take advantage of this offer, you will need the coupon/promo code listed below. If you have questions about how to complete a booking with the coupon/promo code, please check out WestJet’s frequently asked questions.
Travel from: June 26, 2018, to July 15, 2018
Coupon code: ZO1SNWV
Promo code (for call-in reference only): YOW02
The Championships will take place at Terry Fox Athletic Facility:
- Eight lane Mondo Super X track surface
- One bi-directional horizontal jumps runways and one east-only horizontal jumps runway – located outside the back straight
- Dedicated high jump and pole vault areas – two pits each
- Two shot put circles and two javelin throw runways
- Two discus/hammer throw circles and cages – outside the main stadium
- Two discus circles and cages – inside the stadium
- Steeplechase – outside water jump
- Spike lengths – 7mm (no needle spikes)
- 9mm for high jump and javelin throw
- Warm-up area
- Soccer field and a three-lane 90-metre straightaway (Mondo)
Athletics Canada has secured rooms at a good rate for the 2018 Canadian Combined Events Championships.
Do not wait to book your accommodations, availability may become an issue if you wait until the last minute due to overall demand across the city during the summer months, especially around Canada Day.
When booking by phone, reference the 2018 Canadian Track & Field Championships.
Partner Hotel – Combined Events
Residence & Conference Centre – Ottawa West
1385 Woodroffe Avenue
Reservation deadline: June 1
Make a reservation:
Promo code: 627380
Rooms are available from Sunday, July 1, through Wednesday, July 4.
- Two-bedroom suite (two separate bedrooms, with a shared kitchenette and three-piece bathroom)
- Cable television
- Local phone calls
- Shuttle service to and from Terry Fox Athletic Facility from Monday, July 2, to Wednesday, July 4 (shuttle schedule to be posted at a later date)
There will be a regular shuttle between the Residence & Conference Centre – Ottawa West (Algonquin College) and Terry Fox Athletic Facility for those competing in combined events. A final schedule will be posted closer to the Championships.
Team Canada – selection criteria and deadlines
Canadian heptathletes and decathletes who would like to represent Canada at the 2018 Pan American Combined Events Cup must declare interest via the online declaration form no later than June 17.
Selections will be made on June 18 in accordance with Athletics Canada’s National Team – Selection Rules Book.
To view the criteria that will be used, click here.