How To Complete an Evaluation/Challenge for Certification
If you completed a course through your provincial branch and registered on this site for the course, please skip to point 4 below.
If you completed a course through your provincial branch and did not register using this site, please start at point 2 below by creating an account (this is free).
Please note that Athletics coaches with a combination of education and Athletics specific experience can challenge for certification without taking a course. Sport Coach and Club Coach courses can be challenged while the Competition Development course cannot. The Competition Development course must be completed before a coach can be evaluated in the Competition Development context.
Athletics Canada or your branch pays the evaluator for the evaluation once it is complete. You are not responsible for paying the evaluator yourself.
The decision to go forward with a challenge for certification is at the discretion of the coach. If you are interested in going forward with a challenge please follow the steps outlined below:
- Review the evaluation requirements and course description for the course you wish to challenge in the course description and evaluation information section of this website.
If you feel you already have the knowledge the course is designed to provide and you feel that are able to meet the requirements of the evaluation, create an account on the site (this is free).
- Once you have created your account, email email@example.com and indicate which branch (province) you are from as well as which course(s) you wish to challenge or be evaluated for. Your message will be reviewed and you will be given access to the evaluation area of the site where you can pay for your evaluation and upload your portfolio.
- To access the evaluation area of the site you need to login at http://athletics.ca/coach using the account you created. Once you are in click on status at the top and then scroll down to the appropriate course and click on begin beside portfolio. Once you pay you will be able to upload your portfolio. When your portfolio has been uploaded and submitted an email will go to Athletics Canada and your branch automatically prompting an evaluator to be assigned. You will receive an email that will let you know who your evaluator and provide you with their contact information.
- When your portfolio has been marked and deemed successfully completed you will get an email prompting you to sign up for the next portion of your evaluation (the practice observation). For Club Coach and Competition Development, when the practice evaluation is successfully completed you will get an email prompting you to sign up for the competition observation. Please note that you only pay once, when you submit your portfolio. The fee you pay at that time covers the entire evaluation process.
- For each segment of the evaluation you will receive an email letting you know who your evaluator is and providing you with their contact information. For the practice and competition observations you will be asked to contact the evaluator to arrange a time and location for the evaluation to take place.
- If you have trouble at any point in the evaluation process you can contact your provincial branch or firstname.lastname@example.org