Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Athletics Canada is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to ensure that the organization remains one of the leading National Sport Organizations (NSO) in Canada, focused on excellence in its programs, operations, and results on the field of play both nationally and internationally.
Athletics New Brunswick - Executive Director
Athletics New Brunswick is the governing body for the sports of track and field and cross country running in New Brunswick. It also is affiliated with RunNB that oversees the sport of road running in New Brunswick. As the Provincial Sport Association, it enjoys a membership of 1,250 participants of all ages, along with nine club members and a staff of four professionals. ANB offers programs and oversees events and competitions on a year-round basis. It receives operational funding from various branches of the department of tourism, heritage and culture at the Province of New Brunswick, from Athletics Canada, from the Canadian Center of Sport Atlantic as well as from other strategic partners and donours.
Overview of Key Responsibilities / Job Description
The office of the Executive Director has been established with five specific purposes:
a) To maintain a provincial office as the administrative center of the association,
b) To actively develop partnerships that will grow athletics within New Brunswick
c) To implement the long term plan of the association
d) To increase the profile of Athletics in New Brunswick
e) To increase the financial resources available to the association
a) Financial management including budget planning
b) Functional management of Staff and volunteers
c) Research and apply for funding sources; develop funding proposals to increase program opportunities
d) Manage an effective relationship with Athletics Canada staff
e) Prepare documents and organize the General Meetings
f) To-be defined administrative responsibilities for RunNB
2. Sport development
a) Support actions aiming to increase membership of athletes, officials, coaches, clubs and volunteers
b) Oversee programs and at times participate directly in clinics, competitions and other development for coaches, athletes, officials and volunteers throughout NB
c) Work with various programs (schools, groups) to insure development of athletics
3. Technical service
a) Act as a contact person for coaches, athletes, officials and volunteers
b) Support Provincial Teams (in planning and management)
c) Help in the development and nurturing in new and existing clubs or athletic initiatives.
d) Work with existing clubs to broaden their programming
e) Participate to the development of a competition schedule and support provincially sanctioned competitions
4. Public Relations and communication
a) Establish marketing and media relations to insure coverage of Athletics
b) Insure that all communication is available in both official languages
c) Establish good working relationships and collaboration with community groups, schools, municipalities, funders, politicians and other organizations to insure the growth of the association
d) Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the Association
e) Insure the updating of the Association’s website and social media communication
f) Develop and manage sponsor relationships in cooperation with the Sponsorship Committee
Intent of the process
This process will be used to staff one indeterminate position to be located in one of the major cities of New Brunswick.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide:
- Your résumé.
- A letter of intent (application) that includes a description of your qualifications.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Have a University Degree or a Community College Certificate preferably with formal training in Business, Commerce, Marketing, Finance or the equivalent
- Bilingual, fluency in both French and English
- Significant* experience in and understanding of Athletics in Canada
*Significant will be measured by the depth and breadth of experience that is normally associated with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Training under the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Experience in managing Athletics competitive events and programs for all ages.
- Experience in managing human resources
- Experience in managing financial resources
- Demonstrated ability to develop programs and to deliver them
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consult, negotiate and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to build consensus on program or policy issues
- Excellent IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Web maintenance software, and accounting software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential with a strong attention to detail;
Preference will be given to New Brunswick residents.
The complete application should be sent electronically to:
For further information on the organization, please visit www.anb.ca.
Closing date: Jan. 25 at 23:59 AT
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada.