Aaron Brown, Crystal Emmanuel and Sage Watson to preview ACTF2018
OTTAWA – Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic stars descend on Ottawa July 3-8 for the 2018 Canadian Track & Field Championships. The Championships will take place at Terry Fox Athletic Facility and will serve as the Section Trials for the 2018 NACAC Championships, known as Toronto 2018: Track & Field in the 6ix.
What: Four elite-level athletes, including wheelchair racing sensation Brent Lakatos, will assemble at Terry Fox Athletic Facility to meet with media representatives to discuss the Championships experience, what’s on the line in Ottawa and to preview the senior portion of the event that will feature the biggest names in Canadian track and field.
The formal press conference, emceed by CTV Ottawa’s Matt Skube, will be followed by a photo opportunity featuring the athletes and special guests. The athletes, as well as Athletics Canada’s head coach, Glenroy Gilbert, will then be available for brief one-on-ones.
When: Thursday, July 5, at 11 a.m.
Where: Terry Fox Athletic Facility (100-metre start line), 2960 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ont.
- Aaron Brown – Olympic bronze medallist and Commonwealth Games silver medallist
- Crystal Emmanuel – World finalist, Canadian champion and national record holder
- Brent Lakatos – Paralympic Gold medallist, World champion, Canadian and World record holder
- Sage Watson – NCAA champion, World finalist and Canadian champion
- Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa
- Rob Guy, Athletics Canada Chief Executive Officer
- Mathieu Gentès, Athletics Canada Chief Operating Officer
- Glenroy Gilbert, Athletics Canada Head Coach
- A group of local children and youth who are currently enrolled in the Ottawa Lions Track & Field programs
Members of the media looking to cover the Championships July 3-8 at Terry Fox Athletic Facility are asked to fill-out the media accreditation request form located on the Championships webpage.
Please note, complementary parking will be available to media representatives covering the press conference and Championships at the Hogs Back Marina July 5-8.
For more information, please contact:
- end -